Sunday, January 27, 2008


Last night we celebrated the 10th anniversary of the auction we buy the bulk of our stock for the store. I lost out on a gallon jar of buttons, $30.00 was too much for my pocketbook. We did buy a beautiful antique sofa, which needs recovering. BUT....
This morning I got a e-mail that the auction house had been destroyed by fire. As I sat there last night ( as I have many times) I looked at the large skylight and tried to decorate this big open space into my home. This was a old store but it had many many more years left in it. They will re-build or move the auction but I hate to see a old building gone forever. Goodbye old friend.

1 comment:

JennV said...

It's definitely a sad day in Garden City... I'm glad to hear that they will continue somehow! I was just thinking of that on Saturday actually... strange... wondering if there was one and if you were going. weird.