Monday, July 14, 2008


Jesus loves me, I know we all learned this song when we were children. Whether we attended church or not, we picked it up somewhere.
Yesterday at church, we were told a story of a man,(98 years old), a pastor of 50 + years being ask to speak. He told of the one song that help him through his trials and troubles.
It was Jesus loves me.
In his later years he had changed some of the word to fit his life.
We sang this on Sunday.

Jesus loves me, this I know
Though my hair is white as snow
Through my sight is growing dim,
Still He bids me trust in Him.

CHORUS: Yes Jesus loves me,Yes, Jesus loves me, Yes Jesus loves me. For the Bible tells me so.

Though my steps are oh, so slow
With my hand in His I 'll go
On through life, let come what may,
He'll be there to lead the way.

CHORUS: Yes Jesus loves me, Yes, Jesus loves me, Yes Jesus loves me. For the Bible tells me so.

When the nights are dark and long,
In my heart He puts a song.
Telling me in words so clear,
"Have no fear, for I am near".

CHORUS: Yes , Jesus loves me, Yes, Jesus loves me, Yes Jesus loves me. For the Bible tells me so.

When my work on earth is done,
And life's victories have been won.
He will take me home above,
Then I'll understand His love.

CHORUS: Yes, Jesus loves me, Yes, Jesus loves me, Yes, Jesus loves me. For the Bible tell me so.

I love Jesus, does He know?
Have I ever told Him so?
Jesus loves to hear me say,
That I love Him every day.

CHORUS: Yes, Jesus loves me, Yes, Jesus loves me, Yes Jesus Loves me. For the Bible tells me so.


1 comment:

j said...

There is nothing sweeter than hearing a child's voice sing that song! Except maybe knowing that you were the one that taught it to them!

Jen