Thursday, July 17, 2008



I am at mid week with VBS, and it has been something else. I have never taught this age group. Pre-teens, I guess (9-10 and 11 years old). I have 22 student and 3 other helpers. I have tried to keep it simple and not alot of moving around because with this many children it is hard to move in the room we have. So after I saw we had 22 children, I had to reconstruct my game plan. No games where they had to get up and move around. No activities and crafts with food have been a hit. We made friendship mix last night, and pulled the bags together with a pipe cleaner to make a butterfly. How do I know if I am penetrating that already busy brain. I get blank stares, very little input. Until I get to the crafts or food. So each night I say a prayer, a prayer that maybe one will hear and understand. I like this age group, hubby is helping and has already picked out his favorites. Dear Daughter and my future Sister in law is helping. I don't know what I would do with out them. We have puppets at the opening each night. A dog and owl, they talk to the children. Grandson #2 ( the 3 year old) wanted to know who bought him the T-shirt. I told him the church had bought it for him. He said no Nanny, did the dog or the owl get it. So I said the dog. He was happy. He is having a blast and doesn't want to leave each night. And I guess that is what it is all about.

1 comment:

j said...

I am so thankful that it all went well. You family being involved and helping you makes me happy too. I am sorry that I wasn't there for you. But God is good and you have planted seeds for Him. One Sows, Another Waters, and God reaps the increase. The stories that you might learn in Heaven of the effect you had on these kiddos lives that you didn't even know that you were going to have... Praise God!

Jen