Thursday, March 13, 2008


Thursday Thirteen

This is my first addition to the Thursday Thirteen on March 13th.

And I was thinking, which can be very dangerous, what 13 interest will I post. Well, this is what I decided to do, I have small, sometimes strange collections and so since my blog is called Jerri's Junque, here is a look into some of my junque.
1. I love the colbolt blue bottle. And when people know this they gift them to you.
2. I have a small collection of Dice. This started when I was creating projects with game boards. and I just put them in a bowl. Collection started.
3. The green glass is a memory of my grandmother Ida. So I collect them, when I can get them at a good price.
4.Sea shells and small sea shell boxes. Did I tell you I love the beach?
5. So there is also a collection of pink flamingos, to go along with the sea theme. Some are bells and some are Salt and Pepper shakers.
6. The baby on the toilet is a odd collection. I like odd things, mostly small things. Like a rocking horse and a couple of ducks. I can't explain this collection.
7. Handkerchiefs- collected them to make a curtain to go in the grandmother room, now DD is back home and this has been put on hold.
8. I love these little pot holders, with the red roses. I even have a pillow cover and apron.
9. Remember the little notebooks your grandfather had in his front shirt pocket. Well, this is also a collection. Some are blank and some are written in. Some men wrote everything in his little book.
10. White pottery, I know she has a little red on her, and it makes her stand out. And I like it.
11. The tray these items are on is also a collection. I love the old white, trimmed in red enamel.
12. It is hard to see but there is a little salt and pepper with a turquoise lid. This a also a mini collection. This means I only have 6 or so.
13. And #13 collection is packed away, because DD has moved back in, I collect Tutwiler Hotel postcards and paper work. Like menus, envelopes ect. This hotel was built in Birmingham many years ago in the 20's or 30's and was tore down in the 70's. I remember watching it on T.V.
So now you have slipped into the wacky world of Jerri's Junque. Not all of my items are strange, and most was started because I can't throw things away, or let go of them. Oh, there is many more and there always will be, I guess i am just a junque collector.

2 comments:

JennV said...

I love your collections! My collections would probably be Dust at the moment! Well... there is all that scrapbooking stuff on the wall that I never use anymore!

Hugs!

j said...

I love your collections! I was so touched *sniff* by the baby on the potty. I'm not sure if I will do the 13 today. I had convinced myself that I just couldn't after writing about Erin, but after reading the sweet things people wrote, I feel better. I may do it after all.

Be blessed today and always

Jen