Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Paddy's Day Fun Monday
This week's host is Nikki!
And her Fun Monday theme are the following; 1.) I don't know about you, but my family is great at creating strange words that only we know the meaning. Some were created when the kids were first learning to talk, others came about when our tongues were twisted and the word came out funny. Either way, the words stuck and we still use them in our daily conversations. What created words does your family use?! Please share the story behind the word if you remember. If you don't have a made up word then tell us about the unspoken way you communicate with someone. Do you and your significant other have a look that means "This party is boring, lets split" or do you have a look that your kids know means their butt is in serious trouble? Please share!! And a picture of the look would be very entertaining!
1.PIE- when DD was a toddler she wanted pie, I told her I did not have any Pie, but she had been to see my grandmother with my dad, she always had baked goods. Case closed- No, she kelp on wanting pie. We were at Dads again a week or so later and she asked for Pie, I told her sweetie there is no pie, getting really upset, I had been telling her this for weeks now. My dad got up and said, she is wanting water, that is what she call water. She had been thirsty for weeks, and her own Mom wasn't jive to her language.
2. Panti-tards- again DD had her own language. She wore leotards under her dresses, I wore panti hose- She called them Panti- tards.
3. Wing Wing- I will try and keep this PG* You know children name their body parts. Grandson #1 called his a wing wing. Thinking, that wing wing was not a good name, I told him he had a penis. He laughed and went running to everyone in the house, laughing so hard and saying, Nanny said I have a penis. Isn't she funny!!!!!!! Grandson #2 is more outspoken. He tells everyone even people at the shop, I have a wing wing! do you have a wing wing? Then he will go on to say nanny don't have a wing wing, but paw paw has a wing wing. Two year olds are a trip.
Well, I can't think of any more this morning , so 3 is enough for this week.

2 comments:

JennV said...

Yep, that little man is Proud of his WingWing! LOL! Have a Great Day my Friend!

j said...

And Jen was asked and had to say NO, no Wing wing here.

I have been a little sickly and not making the rounds. I have missed a few of your posts!!!

Love this post!

Jennifer

Panti - tards! HAH!