Friday, February 29, 2008

Today is Show and Tell Time, so sit back and enjoy all the great post. This is not a expensive piece and you may reconize it as a Home Interior piece.
But I bought it because it reminds me of my childhood. I can remember fighting over who would sit on the ice cream freezer. I have a cuz that is about my age and we were the ones to sit on the freezer. But paw paw would turn the handle. When cuz was sitting on the freezer I was right next to him waiting my turn. And he was always waiting on me too. Oh, how simple it was in....let's just say .....then. Now my cuz lives in Texas, it has been many years since we saw each other. He has just started a family and I have grandchildren.



10 comments:

nannykim said...

So cute; love the story that goes with it. I had some freshly made peach icecream last summer at my daughter's house---wonderful.

j said...

Jerri that is the sweetest story. Simple little figurine (very lovely) but wonderful sentimental value. I have a rusty can in my dining room. A simple object. But I have told everyone in the family it is an heirloom and to be taken care of. Daddy kept his money in it, on top of the fridge, when I was little. I thought that it had all the money we could ever need - he would walk in and dip into it ocassionally - and I had no idea how poorly stocked that can actually was!
I enjoyed your post today SO much! Jennifer

Jerri junque said...

Oh, jenn. We still have a cup full of change that Hubby's daddy had in his cabinet over the fridge. After he passed, hubby brought it home and put it in our cabinet over the fridge. Still there after 16 years.

Constance said...

I'm in Texas too! I remember as a kid, sitting on the freezer while the grown ups cranked! The good ole days!

I got bounced today, somehow I didn't quite fit into the guidelines. That's okay, my post stands as is.
Connie

Nora Lee said...

I have never seen this before, but it is really cute. We used to make the churn ice cream on Sundays. Thanks for stopping by my S&T!

Sandra

Hootin Anni said...

That is truly precious...and the story that goes with it makes it even more so.

My SnT is posted. If you haven't dropped by, I sure hope you can!! Happy Friday.

Susan said...

A nice piece to remember sweet memories.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I have a figurine from Home Interiors that looks like it might be a companion piece to that -- it two kids like that holding a heart that says, "I Love Jesus."

So cute! Loved the story to go with it.

JEWELGIRL said...

Home Interiors has some
cute stuff. Have a good day!

Cheryl said...

Super cute statue for a super cute memory~