Friday, May 09, 2008

WELCOME!
It is Show and Tell Friday and Laundry Day!
So grab those dirty clothes, start that washer, get the towels out of the dryer and while you are folding, sit and read along.
Can you remember your mom. ironing and sprinkling the clothes?
I can, and she would sometimes put them in the fridge to stay cool.
Did they iron any better?
Well, thank goodness for modern conveniences.
I would never want to wash the laundry down at the creek with a washboard or by beating it on a rock, hang the sheets on a line to dry while the iron heated on the stove, the wood stove.
Oh, come on, face it, we are spoiled. And I love it.
I am still on the look out for the machine that will fluff and fold for me. Maybe put them in the drawers and hang up the shirts.
~Dreaming~
But I do enjoy collecting , so I have a small collection of laundry items. I love the clothes pin and Yes! I do hang out my laundry in the spring. I love the way towels and sheets smell after they have been waving in the breeze.
The clothes pins in the frame ( bought the frame at $ store and pulled out what was in it) was bought at the shop by a vendor for $ 1.00.
I love their smiling faces.
Before you get back to your laundry, check out the last entry, and a buying trip.
I got more clothes pins.
Have a happy Friday Yall!




11 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

So sweet! And those clothespins are delightful!

Thank you for sharing them with us.

Gina

Anonymous said...

Hi Jerri!

Love those clothespins - so charmingly framed too!

Hootin Anni said...

Can I ever remember mom sprinkling and standing over the ironing board for hours!!! I have a few linen suits and blouses that I wonder just WHY I bought them? IRON is a four letter word you know.

Love the clothespins.


My show n tell has a "mother's day" theme, I sure hope you can stop by if you have time.

Happy Friday.

Susie said...

I am old enough to remember my Mom washing clothes on a wringer washer. Loved seeing your collection (I also love line drying my laundry!)

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Love your old laundry items! I posted quite a while back all my ole stuff. I have the watering bottle and shaker top that my mom used to iron clothes! Thank you for sharing these fun things...but thank you Jesus, for all the "easier ways" to do laundry today!!!

TJ said...

I love laundry items! My washboard is brand new (well was when I got it) and while it's handy for those occasional stains, I'm so glad I don't have to use it every day!

Anonymous said...

Those are cute clothespins! I remember the sprinkle bottles they used before steam and spray irons were invented. I'm glad I don;t have to iron much any more and that it is easier when I do.

on the ROCKS said...

That was one of the tasks my sister and I wanted to do so bad growing up. We watched my mom iron clothes and she finally let us iron my dad handkerchieves. We felt so special. Your laundry items are very nice The old irons are neat. I love to hang my clothes on the line. Their is no amount or kind of soap or fabric softener that can compare to being hung out on the line. That fresh smell stays on the towels all week it is amazing. And the price is right when you can dry your clothes for free.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for laundry room decor!

j said...

I love the colorful happy pins! Very cute.

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Jennifer

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Oh, how cute! The clothespins in the frame! Love it!