It's Fun Monday over at Mariposa's Tales. ( http://mariposatells.blogspot.com/ )
And this week the subject is collections.
We all have them...and if you don't, you do....you just may not realize it. For some reason or another we all collect something and we collect it for reasons that will definitely make for good reading. So on Monday, I want to see your collection. If you don't have or don't want or CAN'T (wink) show us a picture, then tell us what the collection is in 10 words or less. Then tell us why you started collecting it.
I have to confess, I do have a few collections.
Most of them have just fallen into my lap so to speak.
So on your mark, get set go........
3. blue glass bottles
4. white pottery
5. green Oatmeal glass
That get the front room
7. sea shells,
8.books on the ocean,
9. pink flamingos
10. Teal- ocean color pottery
11. did I say sea shells, there is alot of them.
Now into the kitchen
12 books with red covers
13 swan planters
14. red enamel pot, pan
15. dishes, I have 9 sets
16. red handle kitchen tools
17. those crochets pot holders that are white with a red rose in the center.
but they are packed away, not sure how to display them.
18. all the scrub boards and
19. clothes pins
20. a few old irons
I even have a modern one somewhere, I use occasionally.
21. Anything with the #13 on it, Hubby favorite number
22. Buttons, just a few and
23. blue ball jars to keep them in
24. wooden thread spools
25. costume jewelry pieces, not good ones. Broken ones to use in craft projects.
26. Boyds and Bears- packed away
27. Tutwiller Hotel memorabilia
There is something about that old hotel that I am drawn to.
28. pin cushions
29. some pink glass- I am selective about this one.
30. I am a scrapbooker, so there is a room for that collection.
Face it, there is so many that I will stop here. I can't possibly name them all. And I never started out as a collector. it just happened. But it makes me happy and if I decide I am tied of my little collection, I can take it to the store and sell it to another collector.
Happy Monday Everyone.