Tuesday, May 27, 2008


Our Strawberry Season is coming to a close for another year. Only a day or two left and they will be gone for another year. I have thought for the last two years I would post a berry recipe each day during our season, but when the strawberries are ready there is no time for posting on the blog. But today I am home early because of the rain in our area and I was looking at my grandmother recipe book. Anytime you went to grandmothers, you came home with a jar of something or a sock it to me cake. So today I am giving you a simple recipe for Mock Strawberry jam.
Grandmother had Figs, lots of fig trees, but no strawberries. I can't tell you where she came up with this recipe but it is so good. I think better than strawberry jam.
3 cups of crushed figs
3 cups sugar
2 -3oz box strawberry jello
cook for 3 minutes.
place in jars and seal.

No comments: