Monday, May 05, 2008



Fun Monday


And I am back, I rested this weekend and I think I can participate.





Tell me about the Super Hero in your life. Not from TV, but anyone that has been or is in your life that you have really looked up to or has made a impact on your life. It can one or many. You can share pictures if you like. Just have fun with it.


This is my Hero, my husband Terry. He saved my life and the life of my daughter, Our daughter.

When we met I was a wild child, I had a baby and I was divorced, I was dating a lot. He was only 17 @ the time. I had just turn 20. I have to say I was a very young 20 year old. He was a very mature 17 year old. He was persistent, and wanted me to go out with him, I gave in and we dated off and on for a few months. Each night I would think this is our last date, I am going to break it off tomorrow. He was too young. Mother was concerned too. He ask if he could come to church with us and even ask my mother. He was a persistent bugger. We had dated about a year, when he ask me to marry him. He was still in high school. He was still too young. I did not answer right away, but my life was getting better and I knew he loved me, he showed it everyday. He loved Jessica and spent a lot of time with her. His family ( maybe not his mom as much as his dad) fell in love with Jessica and had her calling them papa and maw maw. I was still not sure, I had a problem trusting and Terry told me, that one day I would trust again and he could wait. He told me that he would never leave me and that he was going to marry me. I realized that he had loved me in a time that I did not deserve to be loved and he saved me and our daughter. We married June 11th, we will celebrate our 26 anniversary this year. Terry adopted Jessica after we were married and continues to keep me save each and everyday. My protector, My hero is my husband, Terry. I wish I could get him in those tights, one night.


12 comments:

kitten said...

That is so heart touching and beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Sayre said...

That was one sure man! You are a lucky lady...

j said...

You only have to be around Terry for a few minutes before you realize that he is a good person. A gentleman. You two are blessed.

Did I know that your anniversary is the 11th? That's Megan's B'day too! A special day shared by special people!!!

Jen

Attie said...

OOHh how wonderful!! He is your knight!! I bet it was a beautiful Wedding!!

Jo Beaufoix said...

He sounds wonderful. That was a lovely heart felt post and 26 years is pretty good going, wow. :D

Hula Girl at Heart said...

What a great love story! You are very lucky.

Jan said...

That is so sweet. Few 17 year old males would recognize love, lust, yes, love not many. What a terrific guy. Terry's a real keeper.

Alison said...

beautifully written post, he is a true hero and you share a beautiful love story. thanks for sharing.

IamwhoIam said...

Poignant and affectionate - hope you daughter find a man like their Dad and you husband .

Patience-please said...

I am so struck by the fact that a 17 year old boy, ANY 17 year old boy, had such clarity of thought and foresight.
What a delightful post! Thank you. I truly feel that my world just broadened a bit.

ChrisB said...

That is a wonderful story it brought a tear to my eye. He sounds like a great guy who knew how to get what he wanted. I love happy ever after stories.

JennV said...

Yet more reasons to love that Terry! He's one special feller for sure! Even more so because he's got YOU!

Hugs!