Sunday, April 20, 2008

This is my niece, Kindra.
Look at those little fat cheeks.
This is my favorite picture of her as a child.
This is Kindra today, well at Christmas, with her sweetie John Paul.
They are so cute!
She has been wanting me to come to Auburn to visit her at college. So today her mother and I are going for a short visit.
She graduates in May, I almost waited too long.
I want to say how proud I am of her.
I ran across this poem last week and thought of her.

A strong woman works out everyday to keep her body in shape…

But a woman of strength builds relationships to keep her soul in shape

A strong woman isn't afraid of anything…

But a woman of strength shows courage in the midst of fear.

A strong woman won't let anyone get the better of her…

But a woman of strength gives the best of herself to everyone.

A strong woman makes mistakes and avoids the same in the future…

A woman of strength realises life's mistakes can also be unexpected blessings, and capitalises on them

A strong woman wears a look of confidence on her face…

But a woman of strength wears grace.

A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey…

But a woman of strength has faith that it is in the journey that she will become strong.

I love you,


4 comments:

j said...

Jerri this is so sweet. Kindra is an amazing girl. She is beautiful and such a lady. You have every reason to be proud. I hope that your trip was good.

The goodies you made for the shower caused a STIR! Ladies were grabbing up planes left and right to copy the idea. Thank you Dear. I am blessed to have you for a friend!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

dianna said...

Love it*!*

j said...

*toddler fit*

I came by the shop *sniff* an' you wasn't there *sniff* an' I put them dishes down *sniff* an' I walked right out the door *WWWaaaahhh* I WANT MY JERRI! I DON'T LIKE NO TWABEWWIES! I WONT MY JERRI!

*and she's done*

Girl I MISS you and things have just gotten started. Thursday. What happened to starting on THURSDAY? I know, I know, Cecelia told me. *sigh* I see strawberries in our future.

I left you an award on my site!!

See you soon.

Jennifer