Friday, April 18, 2008

It is Show and Tell Friday again so sit back and enjoy.
Some of you know I have a small junk/antique shop, but do you know I also help out at the Strawberry patch in the Spring?
And it is that time.
It all started 9 or so years ago, Dad ( Jerry D) retired, sat in his chair for almost 6 months. We had started to get worried, but one day he got up, went to the store and stopped to visit a old friend. This friend ( Jerry M) has a farm and stand to sell his crops. They talked and talked. Dad came home and told Mom, I think I am going to help out alittle at the farm, this Spring. That was the start of a great adventure.
We all help out.
Yesterday we opened the Strawberry Patch for the season.
So if you have the means and like strawberries, they are ready in North Alabama.
Buy Produce from your local farmers.
On the funny side, I go over to answer the phone and deal with the customers. I was named after my Dad, Jerry. And the man with the farm is Jerry M.
Phone calls are interesting, to say the least.





9 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

Oh, I would love some strawberries. But being in Northern NJ, I don't think they'd make it back home. I'd eat them all beforehand! :)

Blessings,

Gina

tavisgran said...

Thanks for the reminder. Can't wait to get some strawberries. They sure look good. Hope to be up soon.
Pam

The Apron Queen said...

OMG! Those are gorgeous berries! My hubby's grandfather used to give us berries from his garden. Best milkshakes on the planet!! I always love visiting you.

My show & tell is up... vintage bling bling! Do stop by. I love the company.

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

Muum said...

those look great! glad your Dad has something to do in his retirement.

Constance said...

Do you know I actually had my mouth water at the sight of those beauties?! Yummy, yummy, yummy! I am thinking of all the wonderful things to make with them! Even just popping them in my mouth, nice and fresh soundls lovely!

My Grandmother's family is from Alabama (Warrior-Calhoun and DeKalb counties) but I am here in Texas! I don't thik we have strawberries yet? I have to check the Farmer's Market section in Today's Dallas Morning News!
Connie

JennV said...

Wooohoooo! I've got my buckets from last year ready, and want me some Berries!!! I've got several folks wanting to come pick with me this year too. The more the merrier! Yay!!!

j said...

Those pictures are fabulous! They look so yummy ( and I don't even eat strawberries).

Jen

Vikki said...

Email me again with the directions and a phone number so we can get a few buckets of the already picked ones! Thanks Vikki

The Proverbs Wife said...

Yummy.They look delicious.