Thursday, February 01, 2007

Well, I just typed up this nice blog about the snow and my childhood memories and it is gone. Where did it go? Is it floating around in cyber space, bumping into other lost things, like the lost sock from the dryer........Anyway I will try and re-write.
_____________________________________________________________
Well, January is gone and once again we have missed out on the snow. I can remember snow days when I was younger..... We loved those special days. And it seemed to be more of them....
In the 70's dad put in a wood heater. Mom hated it, the dust, the bark on the floor, the ashes and we loved her cooking a stew or soup on the top. She always put on a pot of something when it snowed. The power might go out and, we would have nothing to eat, ha ha. I can remember only coming in when our hands were so cold, wet and red. And fighting for the perfect spot in front of the heater. Oh, how fondly I remember those days. And if it snowed a lot mom would make snow ice cream. With a spoon and a bowl she would go outside and find a spot. She would rack back the top layer, and fill her bowl with the whitest snow for the best ice cream. Yum Yum!
Oh, well back to reality. Have a good day!

1 comment:

Vikki said...

Glad you are back! I remember the snow days as well, I do think it snowed more when we were younger! And sno icecream OH MY GOSH! My dad made the best!! I miss it too!

Vikki