Wednesday, June 17, 2009



Mother and I are hosting our monthly Bunko game Thursday night and so have been shopping. For decorations, gifts and food. It has been fun.

We are having salads, so I had to try out a few new recipes on the family first.

Mother is making a pasta salad, and a large green salad. I am making a chilled corn salad, Cucumber salad and grape salad. We are having watermelon and popsicle's for dessert. We wanted to have a cool summer meal. It has been 95+ degrees and Thursday it is going to be a few degrees higher. I don't think I will notice a few degrees, cause when it get in the 90's in Alabama, I try to stay in as much as possible. Boy, it has been hot.

I just thought I would share the Chilled Corn Salad with you.

Chilled Corn Salad

1 can whole kernel corn ( drained)

1 small onion, chopped

1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped

2 tablespoon minced parsley

2 tablespoons cider vinegar

1 tablespoon oil

1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper ( each)

Combine and chill over night.

Drain and serve over lettuce leaves.

1 comment:

Lisa Scott said...

Jerri:
Hi, I am also a member of a Year of Color and I am not sure but I think you are my collage partner-The reason that I am not sure is that there is another Lisa in the group and on the list that appears at YOC blog there is no link for Lisa. I added my info the last day-so I am not sure if Kari added me in. I did include my blog and e mail-not sure what happened? Have you been contacted by your partner? If not-then I guess it's me?! I sent Kari an e mail asking her, but she has not answered me yet, so thought I'd contact you.
Lisa