Monday, June 02, 2008



I would like to introduce you to the Queen of Guilt.

This is my mother and a master in the art of Guilt.

So the story begins: A week ago Mother calls me and is all excited about Aunt Martha calling and asking us to visit at her home in Texas. In two weeks. If you know me at all, you know I am helping with my grandson's, I own a small antique shop and because my daughter has no car I pick her up from work each day, after I get grandson #1 from school and grandson#2 from daycare and close the shop. So I call hubby and he won't give me a out, I talk to daddy and he says nothing, maybe he did not hear me. So I pray and think about it and I did first promise to help DD with the grandsons. Oh, and I had made plans to go off with hubby this weekend for our 26th anniversary. Too many things is stacked against this trip from the get go. So I went to Mom and told her there was no way I could possible go at this time. End of Story! By the weekend Mom was talking to me and all was well. Fast Forward to this morning and a phone call from Mom. She had gotten a call from Martha, they had a BBQ over the weekend with my cousin ( my age) and he had made a announcement about his me coming in a week to see him and that he had not seen me in years and that he was going to take us to the stock exchange and to a jazz club and he could not wait to see me. My first question was- why did aunt Martha tell him to begin with I could not make it. She said she was going to tell him after the BBQ and then he made this announcement. She called and said I had to tell him I was not coming, she could not do that to him. So I guess Martha is also a Queen of Guilt. If you have any advice, I would love to hear it.

4 comments:

j said...

I would never laugh at your current quandry. Not a snicker.

Oh JERRI!

No advice. You know that mine was to get Hubby to get you out of it. I hate to say it, but..... you may be stuck?

And you know if she is the Queen of Guilt, you are the Princess of Guilt? I would be curious to hear what DD said about that.

OK, I lied. I am laughing just a little.

:^D

Jen

dianna said...

All I can say is...I feel your pain and our Mothers must be related...
;)
Hope it all works out Lady*!*

Valarie Lea said...

Oh that sounds like something my mother would do. :)

j said...

You know, I haven't talked to you to find out what you did about this. If you get a break on your RHS retreat, email me and clue me in. It was a pretty good two days at the store. Sold a large piece of furniture.

Take care.

Jen