Tuesday, October 04, 2005


Just a word of warning, this is a RANT!!!! I have a dysfunctional family. I am the oldest of four. Two boys two girls. Every once in a while I forget this fact and try to have a loving family get together. It has been awhile since we have had a family dinner so when I realized it was my nephews 13th birthday this week , I ask everyone to join us Sunday. We were to go out Sunday afternoon, to a restraunt I had been told about. First my Daughter said if your brothers are going to be there I am not going. She refused to go, but I could take grandson #1. ( that was sweet of her) I had go get my sister and the birthday boy because my sister at age 40 will not learn to drive( this is another rant). When I got there her face was swollen and she has a sinus infection. I could tell she was not going to be fun today. We all met at mom's except brother #2, just call him and he will meet us there. So we left, we had to go get French fries for grandson because he will not eat anything but....Mom ask my little brother his girl friend and her 2 children to ride with her and dad. That put 4 people in the back seat of a mid-size car. At one point ( I was told) Mom decided to pull her seat up to give them more room, and it went back instead, as the little boy had bent over to get something out of the floor board. Mom squished the child and he cried all the way to the restraunt. We all got there about the same time and as we headed in I realized it was buffet. ( I am not crazy about this) Mom got a waitress to seat us and she headed to the back. A room full of dirty tables stacked with plates, food on the floor, chairs turned over and one waiter trying to get control over it. The waitress walked off. We stood for over 15 minutes waiting. Another waitress came by and I ask her if she could help. She did and we had a nice dinner. The kids had a table to their self. ( right next to us) The 3 boys ticked off my niece. She cried and pouted. Which up set my brother and he was not happy when we left. So I ask grandson what was said , he said all she was talking about was her new friend and her cat, and so one of them called her silly and stupid, had a talk after we got home but My sister screamed at the birthday boy all the way home, in my car. Thank goodness it is over and I ask hubby to remind me next time I have another big idea about the perfect family dinner. My birthday is in a few weeks and I DO NOT WANT A FAMILY OUTING!!!!!!I think I will stay in bed with a blanket over my head.

No comments: