Friday, January 08, 2010


ONE LITTLE WORD

by: Ali Edwards



A single word can be a powerful thing.

It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything.

It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow.

In 2007 I began a tradition of choosing one word for myself each January

- a word that I can focus on, mediate on, and reflect upon as I go about my daily life.

Last year my word was something I wanted to bring into

my life in a more tangible way. My word was play.
I thought a lot about play and what it means to me.

I tried to incorporate it more into my everyday

and on my adventures out in the crazy world.

For me, it was a lot about living without fear -

about being more open to experiences with an attitude of playfulness.

The word play found its way onto many scrapbook

pages and into many stories I told throughout the year.

My word

Last year my word was faith.

I needed to take hold of my faith.

Stand up and be a responsible christian.

I did not take the year by storm but in

the end I do believe I have become more aware

of how my faith has enriched my life.

This year, I am taking a new word. And with much thought,

I have decided to choose the word

ME

I will be turning 50 this year

And I do believe this is the year I need to change.

To think about myself.

To be more aware of me.

So here is to the next 50 years.

2 comments:

j said...

Whether YOU realize it or not, you DID show that faith was something that you were focused on. Even though I wasn't there, when I visited, you always had something to say about church. Be it you or your hubby, the increased interest in your faith was there. I praise God for you and your faith!

ME is a good word for a turning 50 year. You have always spent a lot of time thinking of others, so I am glad you are going to spend time taking care of yourself.

Love you Jerri!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!