Wednesday, December 19, 2007


Time to Bake
I love to make sweet and chocolate goodies for Christmas, so I try and set aside a whole day to bake. This year though, I have not found the time to set a day aside. So I am baking when ever I get a chance. This morning I made cracker brittle.
It is so simple and only takes about 20 minutes, and then pop them into the fridge to cool.
Since it is so easy, I thought you might want the recipe.
Lay a pack of saltine cracker on a cookie sheet. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a sauce pan melt 1 stick of butter and 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Mix well and bring to a boil for 3 minutes on medium heat. Pour this over the crackers and bake @ 400 degrees for 7 minutes. As soon as you take the crackers out of the oven, pour a cup of milk chocolate chips on them and spread to cover all the crackers. You may now add chopped nuts. Cool and break apart. Yum! Yum! Easy piecee! Nice and just plain good!

No comments: